- If you work for an arts and culture organization, apply to be awarded a custom iPhone app plus one year of support from ici (value: $50,000) Deadline October 31, 2010. (via @wassilyk)
- Speaking of awards, it’s that time again – enter the Getting Attention Nonprofit Tagline Awards for a chance at recognition for your cause and tons of free publicity. Deadline's fast approaching -- July 28, 2010. Enter here.
- Woot gets bought by Amazon and releases a video press release starring a stuffed monkey.(via Chris Brogan)
- Philadelphia Center for the Book has a temporary home at 626 South Street in Philadelphia through the Arts on South program, which loans vacant storefronts to be used as art spaces. With a gallery, retail store, reading room, community work night, and workshops, I’m excited to visit next time I’m in the neighborhood (maybe visiting @edkeer).
- Been meaning to start your blog or web site forever, but your eyes glaze over when people talk tech to you? The very approachable Wendy Cholbi has reserved 8 slots in August for Wordpress installations, starting at the low, low price of $99. Take a look.
- Inspired by Beth and Allison’s new book, Marc van Bree wants to help the Nashville Symphony Orchestra recover from serious flood damage by raising $1,000.
- Richard, Carol, and I had a delicious taste of Art in the Age’s ROOT yesterday, an 80-proof liqueur based on the original recipe for alcoholic root tea, the precursor to root beer. A boozy herbal delight.
Submitted by Maryann Devine on Fri, 07/30/2010 - 17:52