- Need space for a performance, a lecture, or even a wedding in or around Philly? The Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance, along with Dance USA/Philadelphia, Theatre Alliance of Greater Philadelphia, and The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage through the Philadelphia Music Project, has launched Philly Space Finder, a free resource that matches up people with space and the people who need it. (via CultureWire)
- Tonight, also in Philly, take in the premiere screening of Seductive Subversion: Women Pop Artists, 1958-1968, by Glenn Holsten, the first film to look at female pop artists in depth. (also via CultureWire)
- The insightful Char is offering a series of teleclasses just in time for the stress-inducing holidays called Health Your Way, for help with managing chronic pain, depression, or anxiety in your daily life. She really knows her stuff, so take a look if this sounds right for you.
- Video is a great way to get that thing you do out in front of people, and you may be wondering about fair use and intellectual property. Technology in the Arts has a free white paper for you, titled Social Media, Video Footage, and the Law (opens as PDF in browser).
- Walt wants more comments on his blog, so he's giving an original fine-art print of one of his gorgeous photos to someone selected from people who comment, tweet, or retweet the offer. Do I have to remind you that gift-giving season is coming up?
- And guess what? Elizabeth is also doing a give-away of one of her lovely prints. Comment before Sunday evening at her blog for your chance to win.
- With the year winding down and holiday season eating up people's schedules, I have openings to take on two or three new private clients conversations over coffee coming up. If you've been wondering about getting some help with that thing you do, now might be the time to take a look.
- Mark Silver's post on how formulaic solutions really resonated with me. Read 'Why Paint-By-Number Rarely Works in Business.' (via @hiroboga)
- Up for an afternoon of brain-scrambling (in a good way) Dance of Shiva? It's the last chance you'll have to do anything with Havi outside of Portland til mid-2012. And I can tell you from personal experience that Shiva Nata is the most direct route to epiphanies. Really. Very few spots left, so take a look (plus there's the option to sit down and get advice -- and breakfast -- from Havi, specifically about your thing.)
Submitted by Maryann Devine on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 07:05