- ' ... the best thing to come out of playing with my project instead of working on it is the new perspective.' Havi and Briana have written about their Secret Play Dates. Now it's Andrea's turn. She used it to make progress on her intriguing Creativity Kit.
- Speaking of secrets and play dates, the Society of the Secret Play Date is officially a thing. Structure + fun + cheering fans + magic markers = you getting stuff done and finding the elegant solution. Sign up, secretly, here.
- As a frequent user of Victoria's brilliant No-Brainer Scenario, you'd think I'd have nothing to learn from her new ebook, due out on January 24. Well, the review copy I read opened my eyes to the myriad situations that would benefit from a little No-Brainer treatment. Sign up to make sure you won't miss the ebook when it comes out.
- Knight Arts Philadelphia, a new $9 million initiative, has announced its 63 grant finalists. Lots of the usual suspects. What caught my eye was artist Darla Jackson's 'sculpture gym,' a place where artists can share heavy-duty tools and storage space. Sculpture gym!
- Remember that Facebook class -- 'Engage Your People with Facebook' -- that Jacquelyn and I put together this past fall? If you were thinking about signing up, now would be a good time because today's the last day for the $19 introductory price. See if your arts group could benefit.
- I've taken some of Hiro's classes and so much appreciate her unique approach to business and personal development. Also, her voice? It's magical. She's got a new course called 'How to Rule Your World from the Inside Out.' Have a look.
- Hong Kong Fashion Week! Amazing textures and colors in this sampling from Tom and Lorenzo.
- I pretty much failed swimming lessons when I was a kid. You won't have that problem with Wendy's WordPress Swimming Lessons. They're subtitled 'a getting-started-with-the-basics course for Regular People' -- I think that says it all. Class is in session soon, so see what you think.
Submitted by Maryann Devine on Fri, 01/21/2011 - 07:30